The objectives of the Trust shall be wholly for the public and charitable purposes and incomes shall be applied for the same and accumulated in India wholly for public & charitable purposes without prejudice to generality of provisions aforesaid and the following shall be deemed to be the principal objectives of VARSHA Foundation:
- To arrange and provide medical aid, social support and other assistance necessary for living to the needy people who are incapable or handicapped or mentally/physically retarded and financially unfit.
- To provide various medical services such as organizing health and awareness camps of Immunization, workshops, campaign, Eye Care, Blood donation, Motherhood, Child Care, and Communicable Diseases.
- To establish / run / manage hospitals, health centers, family planning centers, dispensaries, hospitals, mobile health clinics, research center to provide health care, counseling and referral services for all kinds of illness and deceases.
- To promote traditional therapies like Yoga, Naturopathy, Meditation, Acupressure, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Reiki etc
- To fight against HIV/AIDS and other communicable diseases.
- To fight against Cancer and to provide medical, emotional, psychological, social, financial support etc.
- To run/open/ operate different types of education program/schools like formal, non-formal, pre-school for the education development of under privileged children of the community.
- To open/ run /arrange /organize/ establish and maintain centers of education institute / collage of higher / professional / vocation education in any part of the country for providing quality education and training to youth and for the benefit of downtrodden and weaker sections of the society.
- To promote charitable values, literature, science, art, education and culture.
- To arrange and organize social and cultural programmes for all human being from time to time.
- To celebrate annual day of the Trust every year as cultural & social event.
(C) Youth, Child and Women welfare – Livelihood, Training and Research & Development
- To work with special concentration for the Child & Women Welfare.
- To make up efforts for the education, welfare and development of youth, women, children and backward community in both urban and rural areas throughout the country.
- To work for the empowerment and sensitization of youth, women, adolescents and children.
- To develop and mobilize Community and Natural Resources to give the right direction to people of the marginalized and economically weaker section for their sustainable overall development.
- To undertake, organize, conduct and facilitate, Courses, conference, lecture, research and education on various aspects and of science, technology and other fields.
- To promote, encourage and facilitate research programmes and trainings in the field of public health, education and empowerment.
- To provide training, workshops, legal and technical support to SHGs, CBOs, NPOs on legal and statutory compliances and other various issues.
- To implement rural and urban livelihood projects and create enabling conditions for the poor specially women to economically and socially empower them through appropriate livelihood options.
- Strengthen capacity of communities for participatory activities for economic empowerment by enhancing their livelihood opportunities and incomes through farm and non-farm activities.
- To promote linkages with micro finance institutions and banks for delivery of financial services to the rural and urban poor
(D) Social Welfare
- To work for the welfare of society neglected and marginalized people.
- To encourage and promote family welfare activities among needy people
- To communicate and coordinate with the Govt. Local and public authorities on various issues related to development welfare and public interest on different subjects.
- To undertake and promote the publication & translation of journal, research papers and books and to develop the audiovisual programme to disseminate knowledge pertaining to the objectives of the Trust.
- To work for the welfare of Agricultural workers, Farmers, Unorganized Labours, Industrial Labours and Migrated Labours.
- To form women groups, youth groups, self-help groups; old aged groups, adolescent groups, children groups/clubs, community leader’s groups and group of volunteers.
- To establish, build or manage Hostels, Short Stay Homes, Rehabilitation Centers, Shelters, Crèches, Child Care Centre or Children’s Home, Counselling Centers, Old Age Homes, Orphanage Homes and Help Line Centers for Women, Children, Old aged persons, Drug addicts and needy persons.
- To start and assist the relief measures in those parts of the country which become effected to natural calamities like famine, fire flood, tsunami, earthquakes etc.
- To aware people about their democratic & fundamental rights.
- To provide and facilitate financial assistance to underprivileged and poor section of society to fight for their rights and justice.
- To promote and advocate Human Rights and Fundamental Freedom for all without any discrimination of race, religion, caste, color, sex and language.
(E) Sanitation and Green & Clean Environment
- To work for environmental awareness, sustainable development and participative management of local natural resources for village level development.
- To do continuously promulgating environment awareness and rally campaign among the youth groups, self-help groups, and students, about the pollution control and demonstrate the needs for the perfection of the nature climate, bio diversity and sustain livelihoods. In this context, tree plantations, keeping proper soil fertility and motivate the farmers to cultivate herbals plants to safeguard the environment against vulnerable epidemic diseases.
- To create awareness about disaster management.
- To do activities aimed at improving or maintaining the standard of basic environmental conditions affecting the well-being of people. These conditions include (1) clean and safe water supply, (2) clean and safe ambient air, (3) efficient and safe animal, human, and industrial waste disposal, (4) protection of food from biological and chemical contaminants, and (5) adequate housing in clean and safe surroundings.